Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Perez Ronen <Ro...@comverse.com> on 2011/01/10 12:08:44 UTC

release:prepare fails to tag a ClearCase view

Hi All,

I am trying to setup a release to a Maven project with release:prepare and release:perform.

My project layout is something like:

/VIEW-NAME/VOB-NAME/parent-dir/workspace/my-proj/pom.xml

When running the release prepare, one of the things needed to be done is put a label (tag) on this view, in order to later create a new view based on the current view for the next release.

The following is a line from the release:prepare output:

[DEBUG] Executing: /VIEW-NAME/VOB-NAME/parent-dir/workspace/my-proj >>/bin/sh -c cd /VIEW-NAME/VOB-NAME/parent-dir/workspace/my-proj && cleartool mklbtype -nc new-label

[DEBUG] Executing: /VIEW-NAME/VOB-NAME/parent-dir/workspace/my-proj >>/bin/sh -c cd /VIEW-NAME/VOB-NAME/parent-dir/workspace/my-proj && cleartool mklabel -recurse new-label .

The problem is that the label is set for the root tree of my-proj as a result of the "cd" command. I would like the cd to change dir to /VIEW-NAME/VOB-NAME to tag from parent-dir down. This later fails the performing of the release.

Any idea on how to set a different base directory to tag?

Thanks,

Ronen.

Ronen Perez
Chief Programming Office
Comverse
Office: +972 3 7655701
Mobile: +972 52 8545701
ronen.perez@comverse.com<bl...@comverse.com>
www.comverse.com<blocked::http://www.comverse.com/>

"This e-mail message may contain confidential, commercial or privileged information that constitutes proprietary information of Comverse Technology or its subsidiaries. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any review, use or distribution of this information is absolutely prohibited and we request that you delete all copies and contact us by e-mailing to: security@comverse.com. Thank You."

RE: release:prepare fails to tag a ClearCase view

Posted by Perez Ronen <Ro...@comverse.com>.
I browsed through the source code and it seems it takes the project "basedir" and use it as the folder to label

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.