Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Komal Goyal <ko...@ensarm.com> on 2011/03/17 15:44:59 UTC

moving data from single node cassandra

Hi,

I am having single node cassandra setup on a windows machine.
Very soon I have ran out of space on this machine so have increased the
hardisk capacity of the machine.
Now I want to know how I configure cassandra to start storing data in these
high space partitions?

Also how the existing data store in this single node cassandra can be moved
from C drive to the other drives?

Is there any documentation as to how these configurations can be done?

some supporting links will be very helpful..

Thanks,

*Komal Goyal*

Re: moving data from single node cassandra

Posted by Komal Goyal <ko...@ensarm.com>.
Thanks Maki :)

I copied the existing var folder to the new hardisk

and changes the path to the data directories  in the storage-config.xml

I was successfully able to connect with cassandra and read the data that was
shifted to the new location.

--

*Komal Goyal*

ensarm Solutions | www.ensarm.com
2nd floor, Liberty 1, North main road, Koregaon park, Pune, India 1
(O) +91 20 40024476

*Your Enterprise, Our Passion*

Re: moving data from single node cassandra

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@digg.com>.
On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 4:42 PM, aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com> wrote:
> When compacting it will use the path with the greatest free space. When compaction completes successfully the files will lose their temporary status and that will be their new home.
>
> On 18 Mar 2011, at 14:10, John Lewis wrote:
>
>> | data_file_directories makes it seem as though cassandra can use more than one location for sstable storage. Does anyone know how it splits up the data between partitions? I am trying to plan for just about every worst case scenario I can right now, and I want to know if I can change the config to open up some secondary storage for a compaction if needed.

Standard disclaimer whenever anyone mentions using multi data_file_directories :

Multiple deploys have experienced lose as a result of this
configuration. No one, to my knowledge, has experienced win. You
probably don't want to use this feature for its primary effect, the
only time is when you need to work around some other issue.

=Rob

Re: moving data from single node cassandra

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
When compacting it will use the path with the greatest free space. When compaction completes successfully the files will lose their temporary status and that will be their new home.

Aaron

Posted by John Lewis <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maki Watanabe <wa...@gmail.com>.
Refer to: