Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/20 18:42:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 1.1, RC2

Please vote on whether or not to release ManifoldCF 1.1, RC2.

The release artifact can be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~kwright/apache-manifoldcf-1.1

There is a tag at:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/manifoldcf/tags/release-1.1-RC2

This release candidate fixes one problem since RC1.  The problem is
CONNECTORS-616, and relates to Solr dropping connections during
indexing.

This release candidate fixes two other problems, both related to Solr
4.0.0 support.
- CONNECTORS-613: The version of Tika used in Solr 4.0.0 cannot
extract text unless told an accurate mime type.  While this is
probably a Tika bug, in this ticket we at least make sure a good guess
as to the mime type is sent to Solr.
- CONNECTORS-614: Fix logic having to do with releasing idle Solr
connections.  This shows up as socket timeout exceptions, because it
becomes very easy to exhaust the Solr application server's thread pool
when idle connections are not released in a timely way.

This release includes a significant amount of long-planned upgrading
and refactoring, including:
- Port to HttpComponents from commons-httpclient
- Port to SolrJ from homegrown for the Solr connector, so that
SolrCloud is supported
- Improved NTLM support
- Partial Kerberos support
- Many other improvements, which are summarized in CHANGES.txt

Karl

[CANCEL][VOTE] Release Apache ManifoldCF 1.1, RC2

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Vote suspended due to CONNECTORS-618.

Karl