Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by colomb <co...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/20 17:38:38 UTC

Delivery problems?

We are using activemq 4.1.1 and seeing some very strange issues.  Our setup
is as such: multiple client machines request information over queues from a
central server.  Over time, some of the client machines stop receiving
response messages from the central server!  Restarting the queues, server
process, or client processes does nothing, however rebooting the machine on
which the client processes are running seems to clear the issue up.  There
doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to when a client machine decides
to no longer receive messages and the broker logs (at TRACE level) aren't
providing any information.  Any help, suggestions would be greatly
appreciated.  Here is our broker configuration file:

  <broker useJmx="false" xmlns="http://activemq.org/config/1.0">

    <memoryManager>
      <usageManager id="memory-manager" limit="250 MB"/>
    </memoryManager>

    <!-- In ActiveMQ 4, you can setup destination policies -->
    <destinationPolicy>
      <policyMap><policyEntries>

          <policyEntry topic="FOO.>">
            <dispatchPolicy>
              <strictOrderDispatchPolicy />
            </dispatchPolicy>
            <subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
              <lastImageSubscriptionRecoveryPolicy />
            </subscriptionRecoveryPolicy>
          </policyEntry>

      </policyEntries></policyMap>
    </destinationPolicy>

    <persistenceAdapter>
        <jdbcPersistenceAdapter
dataDirectory="${activemq.base}/activemq-data"/>

        <!--
        <jdbcPersistenceAdapter dataDirectory="activemq-data"
dataSource="#oracle-ds"/>
        -->
    </persistenceAdapter>

    <transportConnectors>
       <transportConnector name="default" uri="tcp://localhost:61616"
discoveryUri="multicast://default"/>
       <transportConnector name="stomp"   uri="stomp://localhost:61613"/>
    </transportConnectors>

    <networkConnectors>
      <!-- auto discover the other brokers

      <networkConnector name="default-nc" uri="multicast://default"/>

      or use static hosts

      <networkConnector name="host1 and host2"
uri="static://(tcp://host1:61616,tcp://host2:61616)" failover="true"/>
      -->
    </networkConnectors>

  </broker>

Re: Delivery problems?

Posted by colomb <co...@gmail.com>.
I believe we have resolved our problems.  Clock synchronization issues across
the network was causing the clients to believe that the messages were
expired.

Re: Delivery problems?

Posted by colomb <co...@gmail.com>.
bump