Posted to user@commons.apache.org by "J.V." <jv...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/02 00:26:40 UTC

[daemon] Is this project dead?

I am googling around trying to find the solution to problems I am having
and see dozens and dozens of posts with the same issues but no
resolution.  It is the exact same issue and no response.

Is this project dead?  Can it be taken down from Apache Commons?

Project rot.

Re: [daemon] Is this project dead?

Posted by "J.V." <jv...@gmail.com>.
It is just that I have had nothing but problem after problem and have
spent the last three days (and nights) attempting to get a Java program
I have written running as a service and there does not seem to be much
help or response.  I can't imagine I am the only one having problems
with this.

J.V.

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.
AFAICT there was a release in Feb of this year; I guess I don't consider
that dead, but that may just be me.

Dave

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 6:26 PM, J.V. <jv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am googling around trying to find the solution to problems I am having
> and see dozens and dozens of posts with the same issues but no resolution.
>  It is the exact same issue and no response.
>
> Is this project dead?  Can it be taken down from Apache Commons?
>
> Project rot.

e: davelnewton@gmail.com
m: 908-380-8699
s: davelnewton_skype
t: @dave_newton <https://twitter.com/dave_newton>
b: Bucky Bits <http://buckybits.blogspot.com/>
g: davelnewton <https://github.com/davelnewton>
so: Dave Newton <http://stackoverflow.com/users/438992/dave-newton>

Re: [daemon] Is this project dead?

Posted by "J.V." <jv...@gmail.com>.
When I try to start the service (installs successfully), I get this message:
     The data area passed to a system call is too small.

and there is nothing in the log files.  I am using a JDK 1.6.0_35 32bit
on Windows 7 64bit.  Is there any reason the service would fail to start?

Why have others not seen this?

J.V.

Posted by Greg Thomas <gr...@gmail.com>.