Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Gianmarco De Francisci Morales <gd...@apache.org> on 2012/08/13 23:11:29 UTC

How to use master compute

Hi,

I must be missing something, but I can't find how to use a master compute
vertex in my code.
I know I need to call GiraphJob.setMasterComputeClass() but is it already
supported via GiraphRunner or is there some other mechanism?

Gianmarco

Re: How to use master compute

Posted by Jan van der Lugt <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gianmarco,

Basically you create a class subclassing MasterCompute and define its
compute() function. Then, you set it via setMasterComputeClass(). Note that
the master can only communicate with the vertices via aggregators. That
being said, there are some JIRAs that change/improve the way MasterCompute
works, especially the way how aggregators are handled. You might want to
wait a few days before the dust settles and the API stabilizes.

- Jan