Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Suresh Lakshmanan <su...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/12 20:09:50 UTC

Filtering view results in couchdb

Hi,

Is there a way to filter the results of a view? I found a filter mechanism
that can be added to design doc and added as a query parameter for the
_change API.
Is there a similar mechanism for a normal view?

Re: Filtering view results in couchdb

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
You can use _list functions to filter views. There's nothing
explicitly like _changes filters though.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
On 12 Jan 2010, at 11:09, Suresh Lakshmanan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to filter the results of a view? I found a filter mechanism
> that can be added to design doc and added as a query parameter for the
> _change API.
> Is there a similar mechanism for a normal view?

Hi Suresh,

why not use the view's map function to filter?

I understand that a post-pocessing filter is a different thing, but this
might help already.

Cheers
Jan