Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Mark Masse <ma...@massedynamic.org> on 2010/02/22 17:00:40 UTC

Znode ACL watcher?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there's a way to get a Watcher notification when a
znode's ACL changes?

I also wanted to ask if it seems weird that you can "read" a znode's ACL
even if you don't have permissions to read the data.

Mark Masse
http://www.massedynamic.org

Re: Znode ACL watcher?

Posted by Mark Masse <ma...@massedynamic.org>.
Thanks guys.

I don't have a strong use case but it did seem something of an
oddity/incompleteness when I was implementing the eclipse plug-in to
dynamically respond to znode changes.  Without a Watcher available, it means
that ACL changes are the one instance where a user has to manually click
"Refresh" to see the latest version.

This is clearly a UI-centric example, but I am not aware of any *normal* use
cases where this would be an issue.

Mark Masse
http://www.massedynamic.org

Re: Znode ACL watcher?