Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Jorge Balderas <jo...@verizon.net> on 2002/01/29 18:50:10 UTC

Consuming a .NET service with axis

Hello. I'm a programmer learning about web services. I'm trying to integrate
a Web Service exposed with .NET and to be consumed using AXIS. I did the
reverse experiment and had no problems.

I'm using the wsdl2java tool, however when trying to compile the java files
generated, I'm getting "cannot resolve symbol" errors for the class
ServiceResponse_Type, which makes sense because it does not exist in the
generated files.

I tried generating the stub files from a .jws file from Axis, and I'm able
to compile these files. When I compared the WSDL files from the .jws and the
.asmx file (from .NET), then I noticed that in the WSDL from the .NET
service, all the types are initially declared as complex types and then
bound in the messages section.

I was initially using decimal type from VisualBasic, but I also tried using
just integers and I still have the same problem. Could somebody tell which
is the most appropriate way of solving this issue?

Thanks a lot!

Jorge