Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Herman Reintke <hr...@tauri.nl> on 2007/06/09 16:22:12 UTC

Startup errors model2 deployment

LS,

I am trying to get a model2 deployment running on tomcat 5.5.23 and in several
different configurations I get errors.

First of all I followed the instructions on
http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/deploy/howto-model2.html using the <host>
section of the server.xml.

Then I copied the jars from the http://jackrabbit.apache.org/doc/firststeps.html
where I used jackrabbit 1.3 instead of 1.0.

When I start tomcat I get the following error :

        at
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.
java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/lucene/document/Field$Store

The I updated lucene from the 1.4.3 to the 2.1.0 version. But the result is then
the following error.

        at
        at
.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:295)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:433)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.lucene.document.Document.add(Lorg/apache/lucene/d
ocument/Field;)V
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.lucene.NodeIndexer.createDoc
(NodeIndexer.java:135)

In both cases the ropository, version and workspaces directories are created.
When I enter this repository.xml and directory location in jcr-controller I can
access the repository without problems.

Then I configured tomcat to use a "jcr-controller generated" repository. The
result is another error :

9-jun-2007 16:45:04 org.apache.naming.NamingContext lookup
WARNING: Unexpected exception resolving reference
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: Cannot instantiate persistence manager
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.per
sistence.db.DerbyPersistenceManager: Failed to start database
'c:/temp/version/db', see the next exc
eption for details.: Failed to start database 'c:/temp/version/db', see the next
exception for details.
at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createPersistenceManager
(RepositoryImpl.java:1184)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.createVersionManager
(RepositoryImpl.java:365)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.<init>(RepositoryImpl.java:282)
        at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.RepositoryImpl.create(RepositoryImpl.java:584)
        at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.jndi.BindableRepository.createRepository
(BindableRepository.java:174)

Did anyone get the same issues and could resolve them ?
Is there any obvious mistake I made ?
Where would I be able to find more info on this ?

Kind regards,

Herman Reintke

Re: Startup errors model2 deployment

Posted by martinfabbri <ma...@yahoo.com>.

Herman Reintke wrote:

> Herman Reintke <hreintke <at> tauri.nl> writes:
>
>> I am trying to get a model2 deployment running on tomcat 5.5.23
>
>> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> org/apache/lucene/document/Field$Store
>
>> Then I updated lucene from the 1.4.3 to the 2.1.0 version. But the result
>>Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
>> org.apache.lucene.document.Document.add(Lorg/apache/lucene/document/Field;)V
>>
>> Then I configured tomcat to use a "jcr-controller generated" repository.
>>Failed to start database
>> 'c:/temp/version/db', see the next exc
>

> I found the reasons for the issues :
>
> The first two are solved by using lucene 2.0.0 instead of
>   lucene 1.4.3 or 2.1.0
> The third is solved by using Derby 10.2.2.0 instead of 10.1.3.1
>
> Is somewhere a compatibility list for the versions of the dependent jars ?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Herman Reintke

Hi Herman:

    I’ve also run into the same issue that you described and actually
there’s a dependency list for Jackrabbit. Find that list at:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jackrabbit/site/dependency-convergence.html

    Cheers,

Martin Fabbri

Re: Startup errors model2 deployment