Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by carmichs <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2007/03/19 21:09:28 UTC

Hello-World-SE Tutorial.. Is this a typo?

In step 2.. are the following bolded words typos? If so, what should they
read?  If not, can someone explain how they relate to the service engine?

Thanks!

from the tutorial ...

2) Use the servicemix-service-engine Maven archetype to generate a Maven
project for the component.

To create a SE, execute the following command on the command-line:

$ mvn archetype:create \
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling \
-DarchetypeArtifactId=servicemix-binding-component \
-DarchetypeVersion=3.1-incubating \
-DgroupId=org.apache.servicemix.samples.helloworld.bc \
-DartifactId=hello-world-bc \
-DremoteRepositories=http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository

The command above will create a directory named hello-world-bc that houses a
Maven project for the JBI service engine being created here. The name of the
directory is taken from the artifactId parameter.

Re: Hello-World-SE Tutorial.. Is this a typo?

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On 3/21/07, vsp <v-...@mail.ru> wrote:

> thx for fix :)
> I have some other problems:
> at tutorial:
> [INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: hello-world-se-su
> [INFO] ********************* End of debug info from resources from generated
> POM ?***********************
> [INFO] Archetype created in dir:
> /Users/bsnyder/src/hello-world-smx/hello-world-se-su
>
> and bellow:
>
> >Compiling the Project
> >Since we just created this project, we should first compile it just to make
> sure nothing is wrong with
> >what the archetype generated. To compile, package and test the project,
> execute the following
> >command from the command-line:
>
> >$ cd ./hello-world-se-su
> >$ mvn install
>
> but at me:
>
> >[INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: hello-world-se
> >[INFO] ********************* End of debug info from resources from
> generated POM ?>***********************
> >[INFO] Archetype created in dir:
> /Users/test/src/hello-world-smx/hello-world-se
>
> and I can't do
>  cd ./hello-world-se-su
>
> because I have a dir  hello-world-se only
>
> what I doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. There were typos left over in the
tutorial from an earlier version. I've fixed them now.

> [...]
> [INFO]    task-segment: [archetype:create] (aggregator-style)
> [INFO]
> ---
> [INFO] Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class =>
> 'org.codehaus.plexus
> .velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.
> [INFO] Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.
> [INFO] Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.
> [INFO] Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.
> [INFO] **************************************************************
> [INFO] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
> [INFO] RuntimeInstance initializing.
> [INFO] Default Properties File:
> org\apache\velocity\runtime\defaults\velocity.pr
> operties
> [INFO] Default ResourceManager initializing. (class
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.
> resource.ResourceManagerImpl)
> [INFO] Resource Loader Instantiated:
> org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLo
> aderResourceLoader
> [INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization starting.
> [INFO] ClasspathResourceLoader : initialization complete.
> [INFO] ResourceCache : initialized. (class
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.
> ResourceCacheImpl)
> [INFO] Default ResourceManager initialization complete.
> [INFO] Loaded System Directive:
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Literal
> [INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Macro
> [INFO] Loaded System Directive: org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Parse
> [INFO] Loaded System Directive:
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Include
> [INFO] Loaded System Directive:
> org.apache.velocity.runtime.directive.Foreach
> [INFO] Created: 20 parsers.
> [INFO] Velocimacro : initialization starting.
> [INFO] Velocimacro : adding VMs from VM library template :
> VM_global_library.vm
> [ERROR] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'VM_global_library.vm' in
> any
> resource loader.
> [INFO] Velocimacro : error using  VM library template VM_global_library.vm :
> org
> .apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
> resource 'V
> M_global_library.vm'
> [INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
> [INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
> templates
>
> [INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may
> NOT
> replace previous VM definitions
> [INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be
> glob
> al in scope if allowed.
> [INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
> [INFO] Velocity successfully started.
> [INFO] [archetype:create]
> [INFO] Defaulting package to group ID:
> org.apache.servicemix.samples.helloworld

I've also updated the version of ServiceMix that is being used in the
tutorial from 3.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT to just 3.1-incubating.

The changes I've just made should be reflected in the web page soon.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/
Castor - http://castor.org/

Re: Hello-World-SE Tutorial.. Is this a typo?

Posted by vsp <v-...@mail.ru>.
thx for fix :)
I have some other problems:
at tutorial:
[INFO] Parameter: artifactId, Value: hello-world-se-su
[INFO] ********************* End of debug info from resources from generated
POM ?***********************
[INFO] Archetype created in dir:
/Users/bsnyder/src/hello-world-smx/hello-world-se-su

and bellow:

>Compiling the Project
>Since we just created this project, we should first compile it just to make
sure nothing is wrong with
>what the archetype generated. To compile, package and test the project,
execute the following
>command from the command-line:

>$ cd ./hello-world-se-su
>$ mvn install

but at me:

> [...]

org
.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find
resource 'V
M_global_library.vm'
[INFO] Velocimacro :  VM library template macro registration complete.
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInline = true : VMs can be defined inline in
templates

[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineToOverride = false : VMs defined inline may
NOT
replace previous VM definitions
[INFO] Velocimacro : allowInlineLocal = false : VMs defined inline will be
glob
al in scope if allowed.
[INFO] Velocimacro : initialization complete.
[INFO] Velocity successfully started.
[INFO] [archetype:create]
[INFO] Defaulting package to group ID:
org.apache.servicemix.samples.helloworld

Then, install it using the command:
    mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling
-DartifactI
d=servicemix-service-assembly \
        -Dversion=3.1-incubating-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file

org.apache.servicemix.tooling:servicemix-service-assembly:jar:3.1-incubating-S
NAPSHOT

from the specified remote repositories:
  central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 5 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Wed Mar 21 15:36:41 YEKT 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 4M/8M
[INFO]

Re: Hello-World-SE Tutorial.. Is this a typo?

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Just fixed it, thx 1

On 3/19/07, carmichs <sc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> In step 2.. are the following bolded words typos? If so, what should they
> read?  If not, can someone explain how they relate to the service engine?
>
> Thanks!
>
> from the tutorial ...
>
> 2) Use the servicemix-service-engine Maven archetype to generate a Maven
> project for the component.
>
> To create a SE, execute the following command on the command-line:
>
> $ mvn archetype:create \
> -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.servicemix.tooling \
> -DarchetypeArtifactId=servicemix-binding-component \
> -DarchetypeVersion=3.1-incubating \
> -DgroupId=org.apache.servicemix.samples.helloworld.bc \
> -DartifactId=hello-world-bc \
> -DremoteRepositories=
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository
>
> The command above will create a directory named hello-world-bc that houses
> Maven project for the JBI service engine being created here. The name of
> the
> directory is taken from the artifactId parameter.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Architect, LogicBlaze (http://www.logicblaze.com/)
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/