Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> on 2014/06/25 21:09:04 UTC

OpenVM.eu - repository of Cloudstack images and appliances

Hi,

I've been intending to do this for a while, but decided it has to happen this summer so here goes:

http://www.openvm.eu - A repository of Cloudstack images and appliances!

Do not be fooled by it's current façade, it will get better.
It only has one template for now, but I expect this number to increase significantly in the coming weeks.
It is just what I managed to do in a very short time at $work today and thought it might be worth a mention at tomorrow's European meeting in London.

I'll add a lot more templates, with a focus on CentOS and Cloudstack, of course, as this is where my interests lie at the moment.
In time I will add more OSes and platforms (Openstack and OpenNebula).

The templates are built on/for KVM, but should be able to boot on a variety of hypervisors (I think it will work on Xen/Xenserver, VMware, HyperV), although the file format is QCOW2.
I'll have to check my resources to see if I can afford the extra disk space and CPU time to offer VHD/RAW files as well.

All templates are 8 GB in size unless specified otherwise.

I'll keep the list updated.

Comments, questions, suggestions etc welcome!

Lucian

Nux!
www.nux.ro

Re: OpenVM.eu - repository of Cloudstack images and appliances

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.
Hi All,

Debian templates have been added - http://dl.openvm.eu/cloudstack/debian

They are built using debootstrap scripts, the packer/veewee route is slow
without baremetal for template generation.

Re: OpenVM.eu - repository of Cloudstack images and appliances

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
[removing users@, marketing@ etc…]

On Jun 26, 2014, at 3:30 AM, Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro> wrote:

> Daan,
>
> Yup, a link will do just fine for now.
> In addition to that I'll require also the kickstart file used to build it. The images will have to be rebuilt regularly so we don't ship vulnerable/obsolete stuff.

Nux, it would be nice to keep all build scripts in a github repo of sorts…so that people can inspect how the image was built.

I know there was a packer cloudstack processor in the works, I don't think it got merged in packer trunk, but maybe providing all images in a packer file like Ian is doing would be a way to go.

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Daan,

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Daan,

Posted by ilya musayev <il...@gmail.com>.
Lucian,

Do you need help in making OVAs for vmware? vmdk.bz format is not
something cloudstack can take advantage of @ the moment.

I assume you inject the cloud-init and proper virt tools for each
image/hypervisor.

If not, please reconsider :)

Regards
ilya

Posted by Nux! <nu...@li.nux.ro>.
Daan,

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: OpenVM.eu - repository of Cloudstack images and appliances

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: OpenVM.eu - repository of Cloudstack images and appliances

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Daan

Re: OpenVM.eu - repository of Cloudstack images and appliances

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.