Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no> on 2010/08/24 14:35:58 UTC

WicketFilter.init() being called multiple times in Glassfish 3

(Resending with some more text and less stacktrace because Apache's spam filter did not like it the first couple of times).

Since we are using Wicket 1.4.8 portlets we have situations where the same portlet is rendered multiple times on a page. However, under Glassfish 3 this somehow leads to init() being called multiple times the first time a portlet occurs on a page, and this in turn leads to the Application.init() complaining that the mount URL has already been used (since it reuses the object). After this one error the rendering on later refreshes goes well for portlet all instances on any page

Is this a known error in Glassfish? Filters should only be initialized once as far as I can read the specs... or is it an issue with some Wicket component?

Environment: Glassfish 3.0.1 on Windows XP with Liferay Portal CE 5.2.3

Sample stacktrace:

24T13:30:57.719+0200|WARNING|glassfish3.0.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web.com.sun.enterprise.web|_ThreadID=19;_ThreadName=Thread-1;|ApplicationDispatcher[/rss-portlets] PWC1231: Servlet.service() for servlet RSSPortlet threw exception
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: edit is already mounted for BookmarkablePageEncoder[page=class no.nsb.intranet.rss.wicket.pages.AddRSSPage]
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.request.WebRequestCodingStrategy.mount(WebRequestCodingStrategy.java:468)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebApplication.mount(WebApplication.java:321)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebApplication.mountBookmarkablePage(WebApplication.java:356)
        at no.nsb.intranet.rss.wicket.RSSApplication.init(RSSApplication.java:24)
        at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.init(WicketFilter.java:719)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:259)

Med vennlig hilsen

TOR IVER WILHELMSEN
Senior systemutvikler
Arrive AS
T (+47) 48 16 06 18
E-post: toriverw@arrive.no
http://www.arrive.no
http://servicedesk.arrive.no

Re: WicketFilter.init() being called multiple times in Glassfish 3

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
if filter.init is called more then once then its a problem in glassfish.

-igor