Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by manunabble <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/26 12:11:05 UTC

Attempt to access unknown request listener interface null (portlet)

Hi, Janne

In one of the PortletPages I have a scroll which on-selection-changed should
update part of the page. This worked fine in web-app, but now in portlet-app
fails for the following listeners-related-reason, it seems:

<error>
WicketMessage: Attempt to access unknown request listener interface null
Root cause:wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Attempt to access unknown request
listener interface null     at
wicket.markup.html.form.Form.dispatchEvent(Form.java:1211)     at
wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:293)     at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)     at
wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:187)
at
wicket.request.target.component.listener.ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.processEvents(ListenerInterfaceRequestTarget.java:74)
at
wicket.request.compound.DefaultEventProcessorStrategy.processEvents(DefaultEventProcessorStrategy.java:65)
at
wicket.request.compound.AbstractCompoundRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(AbstractCompoundRequestCycleProcessor.java:57)
at wicket.RequestCycle.doProcessEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:896)
at wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:929)     at
wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1010)     at
wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1084)     at
wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:454)     at
wicket.protocol.http.portlet.WicketPortlet.processAction(WicketPortlet.java:198)
at com.liferay.portal.servlet.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:72)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)     at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:704)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:590)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:510)
at com.liferay.portlet.CachePortlet._invoke(CachePortlet.java:297)
</error>

Any idea?

I guess the bypass-solution to this might be creating explicit-form-submit
on scroll-selection-changed, so the same page is reloaded again, but
explicitly, without implicit-internall-listeners. Has it sense?

Cheers

Re: Attempt to access unknown request listener interface null (portlet)

Posted by manunabble <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi

>dispatchEvent seems to happen when processing the multipart forms,
>which might not work. Do you have a file upload input in your form,
>if not, what happends if you set form.setMultiPart(false); ?

No, there are not upload inputs. I setMultiPart(false), it's a default
setting, and nothing changed :(

What the Page does is loading data on some other parts (inputs) after
on-scroll-selection-changed. Also it setsVisible(true) some panels depending
on first-scroll-selection. So the page is a bit "complex", quite dynamic,
let's say. Should I make it more simple, with less dynamism, dividing it
into a sequence of various pages, instead of concetrating all in one. Would
it help reducing the use of listeners, I guess...?

Posted by Janne Hietamäki <ja...@apache.org>.
On Jun 26, 2007, at 1:11 PM, manunabble wrote:

> [...]
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:590)
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include
> (ApplicationDispatcher.java:510)
> at com.liferay.portlet.CachePortlet._invoke(CachePortlet.java:297)
> </error>
>
> Any idea?
>
> I guess the bypass-solution to this might be creating explicit-form-
> submit
> on scroll-selection-changed, so the same page is reloaded again, but
> explicitly, without implicit-internall-listeners. Has it sense?

Hi.

dispatchEvent seems to happen when processing the multipart forms,
which might not work. Do you have a file upload input in your form,
if not, what happends if you set form.setMultiPart(false); ?

Janne