Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/02 21:56:53 UTC

Hello all,

I know that you can load data into Hive via:

LOAD DATA LOCAL INPATH '/my/path/to/data.csv' OVERWRITE INTO TABLE my_table
PARTITION(dt='XYZ');

... where dt=XYZ is the partition where the data should be stored.

However, what if data.csv actually had the dt column specified? Is there a
way to get Hive to correctly insert each line of data.csv into my_table
under the right partition with one LOAD command?

Thanks,
Ryan

Re: Loading data into Hive with the partition column defined in the data

Posted by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Posted by Ning Zhang <nz...@facebook.com>.