Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org> on 2008/10/15 22:48:15 UTC

TCK progress

FYI

I just committed a patch for FELIX-35, which implemented the few
remaining PackageAdmin methods from R4 that we were missing. That's good
in and of itself, but even better -- we are now passing 13 of 15 test
suites from the TCK.

I will try to find the time to update our status page, but the remaining
issues revolve around fragments, execution environment checking, and
native code matching. With fragments, we aren't doing too bad either,
since we only have partial support, but are passing several of the tests
in the fragment test suite.

Always good to make progress with the TCK.

It looks like we will be able to have a worthwhile Felix 1.4.0 release
in the next couple of weeks.

-> richard

Re: TCK progress

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Rob Walker wrote:
> Cool - good news.
>
> Not sure how your voice/influence with OSGi is these days.

Me neither! :-)

> Something that occured to me and others recently, was the apparent
> lack of "standard" TCK tests for the Http alias expansion/resolution -
> the spec is quite comprehensive, but we've seen that it is open to
> "interpretation" in a number of areas. There are possibly other Http
> aspects that might benefit with official TCK tests too, for example I
> just raised FELIX-772, which I'm not really sure is a bug or expected
> behaviour. I suspect it's something that HttpService implementations
> take their own view on depending on what is seen as normal Http server
> behaviour. So it might be nice if it was (a) spec'd; and (b)
> verifiable by TCK.

I will bring it up.

-> richard

Re: TCK progress