Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sergey Semichev <ss...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/02 21:48:52 UTC

IGFS - Python and R clients

My application needs to read / write data to a distributed memory FS.
The application is not Map/Reduce or Spark job.
Let's say I need to run a docker orchestration pipeline, where each step is
a docker container, and I want to save the intermediate results of each step
and pass it to the next step. A docker container may use Java, Python, R or
C++ code to execute the logic.

Is it possible to use Python and R to r /w directly to IGFS in primary mode
or in dual_sync mode?
Technically I can use for example ZeroMQ to implement IPC communication
between Java and Python and use IGFS Native API, but it will introduce
additional latency.

If I run IGFS as Hadoop accelerator on top of HDFS, can I use python HDFS
interfaces?
http://wesmckinney.com/blog/python-hdfs-interfaces/

Thanks

Re: IGFS - Python and R clients

Posted by nsemichev <ns...@gmail.com>.
I configured HDFS Client on Ubuntu 16.04 and I can successfully run this
command:
hdfs --config /etc/hadoop/conf/ dfs -ls /
The config parameter takes the file core-site.xml from etc/hadoop/conf/

From core-site.xml

<property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
    <value>igfs://igfs@10.200.10.1:10500</value>
</property>

Then I tried using Python hdfs3 library which uses libhdfs3.

>>> from hdfs3 import HDFileSystem
>>> hdfs = HDFileSystem(host='10.200.10.1', port=10500)

When I run this code, I get the following error message:
ConnectionError: Connection Failed: HdfsRpcException: Failed to invoke RPC
call "getFsStats" on server "10.200.10.1:10500"

I opened an issue here: https://github.com/dask/hdfs3/issues/123

It seems like it should work; has anyone tried using hdfs3 Python library or
some other Python libraries to work with Ignite?

Re: IGFS - Python and R clients

Posted by "Ivan V." <iv...@gridgain.com>.
As far as I understand, https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/LibHDFS is generic
enough, and should work with any org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem
implementation (IGFS , HDFS, or another). May it be an option for you?

Re: IGFS - Python and R clients