Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Naira Kaieski <na...@faccat.br> on 2013/09/02 14:31:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Pool of connections

Hi,

I have some doubts about pool of connections with my application
developed in PHP.
I want optimize the use of resources and database connections has a high
computacional cost. So the ideia is keep a pool of open connections with
database.
I'm using Apache webserver, language PHP and PostgreSQL database.
In this case the pool of conections must be configured on Apache, PHP or
PostgreSQL?

Thanks,
Naira

Re: [users@httpd] Pool of connections

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Mon, 2013-09-02 at 09:31 -0300, Naira Kaieski wrote:
>  So the ideia is keep a pool of open connections with
> database.

That's what mod_dbd does for you.

But using a connection pool with PHP throws you straight
into PHP-vs-threading issues.  Is your application thread-safe?

--
Nick Kew