Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2014/05/07 15:16:31 UTC

Qpid reviewboard and new RBTools?

I used to be able to post a review from my git-svn qpid repo using post-review from the RBTools package.

I updated RBTools-0.6-1.fc20.noarch and post-review has been replaced by "rbt post" but
this no longer works for me:

$ rbt post
rbtools.commands.CommandError: Error creating review request: The
repository path specified is not in the list of known repositories (HTTP
400, API Error 206)

Has anyone got this working?
Cheers,
Alan.

Re: (solved) Re: Qpid reviewboard and new RBTools?

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
On Sat, 2014-06-14 at 08:33 -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-05-19 at 10:28 -0400, Andrew Stitcher wrote:
> > On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 09:16 -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> > > I used to be able to post a review from my git-svn qpid repo using post-review from the RBTools package.
> > >
> > > I updated RBTools-0.6-1.fc20.noarch and post-review has been replaced by "rbt post" but
> > > this no longer works for me:
> > >
> > > $ rbt post
> > > rbtools.commands.CommandError: Error creating review request: The
> > > repository path specified is not in the list of known repositories (HTTP
> > > 400, API Error 206)
> > >
> > > Has anyone got this working?
>
> > Fortunately I'm still on a 0.5 version on F19.
> >
> > I can successfully use post-review (but it gives me a deprecation
> > warning) and rbt post fails for me in the same way as it does for you.
> >
> > I've run rbt post --debug and rbt is calculating the incorrect
> > repository root - It thinks the root is:
> >   https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf
> >
> > (when it should be https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk or
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/proton)
> >
> > This is very like a bug I fixed for post-review 3 years ago. It looks
> > like they might have reintroduced the same bug in the new rbt tool.
>
> This works:
>
> rbt post -g -d --username=aconway --repository=qpid
> --basedir=dispatch/trunk
>
> It does seem like a bug in the auto-detection of the repo/basedir
> settings.
>
> Based on http://www.reviewboard.org/docs/rbtools/dev/rbt/configuration/
> it seems like we should be able to create a .reviewboardrc to fill these
> in automatically, but I can't see where we put the --basedir part in
> that file. If anyone figures it out please do create it :)
>
> Cheers,
> Alan.

Here's a little script that figures out the basedir, works in dispatch
and proton git repos:

#!/bin/sh
BASEDIR=$((cd $(git rev-parse --show-toplevel) && git svn info --url) |
sed s'-https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/--')
rbt post -g -d --username=aconway --repository=qpid --basedir=$BASEDIR
"$@"

(solved) Re: Qpid reviewboard and new RBTools?

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 09:16 -0400, Alan Conway wrote:
> I used to be able to post a review from my git-svn qpid repo using post-review from the RBTools package.
>
> I updated RBTools-0.6-1.fc20.noarch and post-review has been replaced by "rbt post" but
> this no longer works for me:
>
> $ rbt post
> rbtools.commands.CommandError: Error creating review request: The
> repository path specified is not in the list of known repositories (HTTP
> 400, API Error 206)
>
> Has anyone got this working?

Fortunately I'm still on a 0.5 version on F19.

I can successfully use post-review (but it gives me a deprecation
warning) and rbt post fails for me in the same way as it does for you.

I've run rbt post --debug and rbt is calculating the incorrect
repository root - It thinks the root is:
  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf

(when it should be https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/trunk or
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/proton)

This is very like a bug I fixed for post-review 3 years ago. It looks
like they might have reintroduced the same bug in the new rbt tool.

Andrew