Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by johan coens <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/22 20:00:43 UTC

Java flow: Passing parameters in actions

Hello,

How do you read parameters you pass to your action in java flow?

Sample call:
<map:call function="myCall">
  <map:parameter name="handler" value="com.myHandler"/>
  <map:parameter name="myParam" value="theValue"/>
</map:call>

In com.myHandler which extends AbstractContinuable, how do i read the
parameter myParam?

Regards,
Johan

Re: Java flow: Passing parameters in actions

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
Am Di, den 22.06.2004 schrieb johan coens um 20:00:
> Hello,
>
> How do you read parameters you pass to your action in java flow?
>
> Sample call:
> <map:call function="myCall">
>   <map:parameter name="handler" value="com.myHandler"/>
>   <map:parameter name="myParam" value="theValue"/>
> </map:call>
>
> In com.myHandler which extends AbstractContinuable, how do i read the
> parameter myParam?

Seems that I have missed the parameters. I have now added them, and you
can use them like this

    public void doParameterTest() throws Exception {
    	Assert.assertEquals("abc", getParameters().getParameter("p1"));
    	Assert.assertEquals("def", getParameters().getParameter("p2"));
    	Assert.assertEquals(2.3f, getParameters().getParameterAsFloat("p3"), 0.1f);
    }

Please tell me if you are comfortable with the usage.

Stephan Michels.