Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/14 23:40:39 UTC

[functor] recent changes

Anyone following this?  In my experimental branch I
completely removed the Algorithms class and changed
[functor] to eat its own dogfood by providing the
algorithms as separate functors.  This will completely
break existing code, but I felt that was preferable to
the current state of having a static utility class
that shouldn't be modified lest it become out-of-sync
with an unmodifiable interface.  Similar functionality
could be provided in various ways, none of which will
be discussed here.  Assuming nobody rides me out of
the proverbial town on the proverbial rail, I would
move to commit these changes to the trunk, then
<gasp!> given the extremely breaking nature of this
change, I would rescind the position I took before and
recommend we proceed with adding generics to [functor]
(not least because it would help to bullet-proof the
new functors ported from Algorithms).

-Matt