Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Christophe Bisciglia <ch...@cloudera.com> on 2009/02/25 00:46:57 UTC

seeking beta testers for Hadoop RPMs

Hadoop Fans, we've been hard at work for the last few weeks, and we're
ready to get some feedback from the community.

We're working on RPM based deployment for hadoop, and we're ready for
some beta testers before releasing to the public.

We're specifically looking for folks with some sysadmin experience,
who are already familiar with deploying RPMs on redhat variants.

If you have time to install Haddop 18.3 on a dev cluster this week (or
just a few machines you can borrow), and are interested in helping
out, please let me know the following:

What operating system are you using?
How many nodes can you test?
Can you provide feedback by this monday?

If you can help, we'll provide you with a link to download the RPMs.
We'd like you to try and install them, and run a job on the resulting
cluster. We'd like to hear about any part of that which isn't smooth.
We expect this to be smooth, but need some feedback from people that
weren't in the room during development.

We'll also let the first 10 people who provide feedback "beta test"
our schwag. Might be a thumb drive, might be a tshirt, might be a
coffee mug. We'll let you know what we have when we're done :-)

If you're interested, please respond to Matt (cc'd) and myself. Please
spare the list :-)

Christophe, Matt and the Cloudera Team