Posted to qa@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/18 22:22:42 UTC

Many manual test cases now available

Many of the old TestLink test cases are now available (along with others)
from the QA web area --

https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/index.html

We could certainly use some feedback on them with respect to:

* usefulness -- what to keep, what to discard
* organization -- can you help with organizing these cases into categories
* clarity -- are the instruction understandable, etc.

More former TestLink cases will be ported soon.

There are other older cases available from this area as well.

Happy testing!

MzK

"Less is MORE."

Re: Many manual test cases now available

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
Happy to help!

Posted by Parul Sanghi <pa...@gmail.com>.
How to unsubscribe from the mailing list?
thanks
Parul

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
Hello,

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Am 12.06.2018 um 00:32 schrieb Kay Schenk:
> Thanks Matthias. I see we are now back to "Forbidden" . Oh well. Fix coming
> soon.

One thing I do often while using the CMS is to hit the "update" button.
Otherwise what you see not that what you get! ;-)

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Jun 19, 2018 at 8:26 AM, Keith N. McKenna <keith.mckenna@comcast.net
> wrote:

> Hi again Kay... see below....
>
> On 6/17/2018 5:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> > Hi again...see below

> does

> I added and committed the directories. The Impress directory and one
> sub-directory  did show up in the staging area. I believe the reason was
> that the sub-directory did have some files in it whereas the other did
> not.  However when published it once again get the You don't have
> permission to access /QA/testcase/ManualTesting/ on this server. It is
> however still fine on the staging area.
>
> Regards
> Keith

​Keith --
Looks good now, and thanks again for all your work. I'm hoping I can get
back on the index project over the coming weekend.

Take care.

​

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Hi again Kay... see below....

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Response inline

On 6/17/2018 5:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
> Hi again...see below
>
> On 06/12/2018 08:50 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

>>> From what I can see right now, #1 is not a problem. When I did an svn
>>> update, everything cam through OK.
>> The only potential downfall is that even after an SVN update they are
>> still showing as unversioned in my working copy. As the initial commit
>> was only to evaluate a more detailed structure it isn't a problem for now.
>>
>> Keith
> hmmm...well the Impress directory itself is NOT showing up on the
> staging server, so this IS a problem. You just need to add the
> directories themselves to svn and commit.
>
> I'm finding that adding the directories to the index script is not as
> simple as I thought it would be, but I am working on it. (grrr! why does
> stuff work on the command line but not inside a script!) My time is
> quite limited for the rest of the week, so maybe in a week or so.
>
> Take care.
> Kay;
Just got home from a motorcycle ride to my better half's. Will do the
add and re-commit after I do dishes.

Take Care
Keith

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi again...see below

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

On 06/11/2018 09:24 AM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:

> On 6/9/2018 1:20 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> Keith, short update -- see below
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> ​This deletion did not seem to "take" in publishing. So, for now, things
>> look as they did. Your new Impress area is there, but the index.html file
>> needs to be regenerated.
> On further study there may be a couple of mistakes on my part due to my
> unfamiliarity with SVN that may have contributed to this problem.
>
>  1. I did not do a specific add of the directories before committing them.
>  2. I use Tortoise SVN and I vaguely remember something about the repos
>     having difficulty with Windows line endings
>
>  If either of these could be contributing I can do the add for the
> directories and try the commit again. Also Tortoise SVN  now has an EOL
> property that also to specifically set the EOL type to be used. I can
> also try setting those directories to specifically use Linux EOL's if
> y'all think that might help.
>
> Regards
> Keith

From what I can see right now, #1 is not a problem. When I did an svn

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Kay,

The deletion of the index.html is not published:
https://cms.apache.org/ooo-site/publish?diff=1

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Keith N. McKenna <keith.mckenna@comcast.net

​

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 04/24/2018 03:25 PM, Keith N. McKenna wrote:
> On 4/18/2018 6:22 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:
>> Many of the old TestLink test cases are now available (along with others)
>> from the QA web area --
>>
>> https://www.openoffice.org/qa/testcase/index.html
>>
>> We could certainly use some feedback on them with respect to:
>>
>> * usefulness -- what to keep, what to discard
>> * organization -- can you help with organizing these cases into categories
> I think the first level of organization should be by application
> (Writer, Calc, etc).  After that It will depend on how we want to use
> them.My preference would be to break them down into finer grained units
> that people could volunteer to execute.
>
> Regards
> Keith
Organizing the cases with respect to AOO module -- Writer, Calc, etc. --
sounds ideal.

Do we have any ideas for how to perform this classification?

>> * clarity -- are the instruction understandable, etc.
>>
>> More former TestLink cases will be ported soon.
>>
>> There are other older cases available from this area as well.
>>
>> Happy testing!

MzK

"Less is MORE."

Many manual test cases now available