Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/21 17:45:12 UTC

[WAS] Re: Stats - commits by company for CloudStack

I am preparing a blog on metrics analysis for our 12 months in incubation.
but I will stick to individuals and only mention 'domains' extracted from email addresses.

I also prepared a movie of our git repo using Gource, it's already staged on youtube and ready for release on Monday.

-sebastien

Re: [WAS] Re: Stats - commits by company for CloudStack

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Mar 21, 2013, at 1:14 PM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013, at 12:08 PM, Kelly Hair wrote:
>> Thanks Sebastien. I'll be on the lookout for your post. The company slant
>> was based on the a older post on OpenStack that showed how much was
>> community driven vs. Red Hat, Cisco and Rackspace.
>
> FWIW, I think it's going to be hard to tease out exact contributions by
> company since I don't know we're perfectly tracking contributions like
> translations yet and someone would have to do the mapping between
> companies and email addresses.
>
> When I was writing for RWW I covered some of that, and it's non-trivial
> at best trying to identify all the contributions correctly - even
> getting individuals right is tricky, since some folks may submit
> patches, etc. from different email addresses and not map up well.

that's why I always say it's qualitative…

there is some grey zone in there….

Posted by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net>.

Posted by Kelly Hair <ke...@citrix.com>.