Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Reiko Surlow <rs...@hotmail.com> on 2019/08/14 16:00:25 UTC

Open Office download

Good Morning,

I tried to download Open Office.  It had approx. 7 minutes left of the download and seem to have gotten stuck because after 7 minutes it still said seven minutes remaining.  I lost the box where it was informing me of the time and approx. size.
So, if I download again, will it start from the beginning or finish the download?  And should I delete the one file that was created or not?

Thanks

Re: Open Office download

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019 16:00:25 +0000
Reiko Surlow <rs...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Good Morning,
>
> I tried to download Open Office.  It had approx. 7 minutes left of the download and seem to have gotten stuck because after 7 minutes it still said seven minutes remaining.  I lost the box where it was informing me of the time and approx. size.
> So, if I download again, will it start from the beginning or finish the download?  And should I delete the one file that was created or not?
>
> Thanks

Usually, if one clicks (or right clicks, depending on the Operating System) on the partial download in the browser's download manager, it will offer the option to resume the download.  If it doesn't, then it doesn't think it can do so and will stat again from the beginning.  Normally a partial download is due to an internet connection problem, nothing to do with OpenOffice.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Open Office download

Posted by "W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof." <ro...@mcgill.ca>.
On Wed, 14 Aug 2019, Reiko Surlow wrote:

> I tried to download Open Office.  It had approx. 7 minutes left of the download and seem to have gotten stuck because after 7 minutes it still said seven minutes remaining.  I lost the box where it was informing me of the time and approx. size.
> So, if I download again, will it start from the beginning or finish the download?  And should I delete the one file that was created or not?

Whether the previous download is continued might depend on how you're
doing your downloads, but I think it probably won't be continued. It
probably doesn't matter whether you delete the file you got the first
time or not.

I don't know what 'box' you're referring to. Are you downloading from
the official site, http://www.openoffice.org/download/ ?
The file size is specified there (for Windows) as being 134 MBytes.

The time required for the download will depend a lot on what kind of
network connection you have.

- Robert