Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Sujit Dhamale <su...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/30 12:45:19 UTC

want to Switch to Cloudera Hadoop distribution

Hi ,
i have Ubuntu Operating System on my Computer and Apache Hadoop 1.0.2. is
install.

Now i need to Install Cluudera's Hadoop Version  which having YARN .

can you Please some one guide me how i will install it ?

i visit Cloudera's website , but i found there only VM , i need
Cloudera distribution  install in my Ubuntu .
even i try to download Cloudera Manager i am getting .bin file with around
20kb size .

Basically i want to Switch to Cloudera Hadoop distribution , what is Best
way *other than* Virtual machine running on my existing operating system  .

Kind Regards
Sujit

Re: want to Switch to Cloudera Hadoop distribution

Posted by Fabio Pitzolu <fa...@gr-ci.com>.
You can try from this page:

https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDH4DOC/CDH4+Installation
You have all the links you need!
*Fabio Pitzolu*
Consultant - BI & Infrastructure

Mob. +39 3356033776
Telefono 02 87157239
Fax. 02 93664786

*Gruppo Consulenza Innovazione - http://www.gr-ci.com*

Updating Hadoopusergroups to include Florida chapter

Posted by Ravi Shankar Nair <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Will you be able to help me to have the edit rights to update Hadoopusergroups page to add one Florida chapter? Thanks

My id is Ravishankar

Sent from my Beethoven

Updating Hadoopusergroups to include Florida chapter

Posted by Ravi Shankar Nair <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Ravi Shankar Nair <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Ravi Shankar Nair <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arun,

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Please don't cross-post. Please ask Cloudera lists.

Arun

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Fabio Pitzolu <fa...@gr-ci.com>.
You can try from this page:

Posted by Arun C Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Fabio Pitzolu <fa...@gr-ci.com>.
You can try from this page:

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 30 August 2012 11:45, Sujit Dhamale <su...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
> i have Ubuntu Operating System on my Computer and Apache Hadoop 1.0.2. is
> install.
>
> Now i need to Install Cluudera's Hadoop Version  which having YARN .

If you really want to play with YARN, I'd recommend getting the Apache beta
releases *and filing bugs against it*

YARN is evolving, it may make backwards-incompatible changes (I need to add
some to the service model to fix issues before it ships and can't be
changed), and the beta program is the way you can both track the changes
and get your bugs fixed.

Steve

Re: want to Switch to Cloudera Hadoop distribution

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Fabio Pitzolu <fa...@gr-ci.com>.