Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by IvanLatysh <iv...@yourmail.com> on 2002/05/23 22:48:31 UTC

Sorry that I am askin here, but I couldn't find solution over the net. Please help.

Hi All.

Question about my template.

I am trying to create a new page for each <customer><record>.
And I am getting an exception that flow mast have child block.
Please help me a little or point me somewhere on the web to get it working.

  <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="engl1"
    </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>

  <fo:page-sequence master-reference="engl1">
    <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
      <xsl:apply-templates/>
    </fo:flow>
  </fo:page-sequence>

<xsl:template match="customer/record/">
</xsl:template>

Actually I have xml file with this kind og structure:
<cutomer>
 <record>
  <title>a</title>
 </record>
 <record>
  <title>b</title>
</record>
</customer>
Sincerely yours, Ivan Latysh.
Ivan@yourmail.com
http://ivan.yourmail.com

Re: Sorry that I am askin here, but I couldn't find solution over the net. Please help.

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
IvanLatysh wrote:
> I am trying to create a new page for each <customer><record>.
> And I am getting an exception that flow mast have child block.
>   <fo:page-sequence master-reference="engl1">
>     <fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
>       <xsl:apply-templates/>
>     </fo:flow>
>   </fo:page-sequence>

It seems the apply-templates does not match anything. Without
the context, it is hard to say why.
In case of errors, it is recommended to run the XSLT standalone
and examine the intermediate FO file.

> <xsl:template match="customer/record/">
                                       ^
Delete the trailing slash. Should have caused a syntax error

J.Pietschmann