Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Saunders Jack <ja...@volvo.com> on 2003/10/16 17:17:33 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 1.3.19 / mod_gzip

We have attempted to compile the source of mod_gzip and get the following error. Version does not seem to make a difference.

    Wc,-Wall,-O3,-fomit-frame-pointer,-pipe -c mod_gzip.c mod_gzip_debug.c mod_gzip_compress.c -o mod_gzip.so
sh: Wc,-Wall,-O3,-fomit-frame-pointer,-pipe: not found
*** Error code 1 (ignored)

Does anyone have this working with a dynamic built apache.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Re: [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.19 / mod_gzip

Posted by Leif W <wa...@usa.net>.
Plain text please.

Without knowing anything else, (because little else is provided), it looks
like that for some reason, a script has separated these gcc options with
commas without spaces, and has omitted the gcc altogether.  Therefore, the
shell (sh) is looking for a command named
"Wc,-Wall,-O3,-fomit-frame-pointer,-pipe", which is obviously bogus.  That's
what the error means.  Sounds like a bug with a script somewhere that
generated some garbage.  You could try editing by hand, or trying to find
where the code came from initially.  You could provide further details about
OS and platform, as maybe someone else knows of the issue.  You could
provide further details about what program gives these errors (./configure,
make, etc.)  You could try a newer version of Apache.

Leif