Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com> on 2001/06/07 10:28:29 UTC

[C2] Bug in Cocoon.java?

Line 112:
----------------
    public void initialize() throws Exception {
        this.componentManager = new DefaultComponentManager();
        this.componentManager.setLogger(getLogger());
        this.componentManager.contextualize(this.context);
----------------

this.componentManager.initialize is not called, with the result that the
component manager throws a

java.lang.IllegalStateException: You cannot lookup components on an
uninitialized ComponentManager
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(Excal
iburComponentManager.java:180)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:154)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:144)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:583)

when I try to start Cocoon.

I'm still trying to figure out whether I have the latest CVS version - does
anyone else have this problem?

/LS

Re: [C2] Bug in Cocoon.java?

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Leo Sutic wrote:

> Line 112:
> ----------------
>     public void initialize() throws Exception {
>         this.componentManager = new DefaultComponentManager();
>         this.componentManager.setLogger(getLogger());
>         this.componentManager.contextualize(this.context);
> ----------------
>
> this.componentManager.initialize is not called, with the result that the
> component manager throws a
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: You cannot lookup components on an
> uninitialized ComponentManager
>         at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lookup(Excal
> iburComponentManager.java:180)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:154)
>         at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:144)
>         at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet.java:583)
>
> when I try to start Cocoon.
>
> I'm still trying to figure out whether I have the latest CVS version - does
> anyone else have this problem?

You do not have the latest CVS update.  I can tell because the ComponentManager
instantiated should be ExcaliburComponentManager.

It looks like you updated the Avalon jars without updating your Cocoon.

AW: [C2] Bug in Cocoon.java?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
> Leo Sutic wrote:
>
> Line 112:
> ----------------
>     public void initialize() throws Exception {
>         this.componentManager = new DefaultComponentManager();
>         this.componentManager.setLogger(getLogger());
>         this.componentManager.contextualize(this.context);
> ----------------
>
> this.componentManager.initialize is not called, with the result that the
> component manager throws a
>
> java.lang.IllegalStateException: You cannot lookup components on an
> uninitialized ComponentManager
> 	at
> org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.lo
> okup(Excal
> iburComponentManager.java:180)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.configure(Cocoon.java:154)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:144)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon(CocoonServlet
> .java:583)
>
> when I try to start Cocoon.
>
> I'm still trying to figure out whether I have the latest CVS
> version - does
> anyone else have this problem?

I just checked the latest CVS version of the 2.0 branch and it
works fine.
Make sure, when you use Tomcat that you clean up the work directory
beforehand and have the same xerces parser version in the
tomcat/lib directory.

Carsten