Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com> on 2016/03/24 12:26:07 UTC

IGNITE-1071 IgniteCache.metrics() method returns local metrics

Hello,

I'd like to discuss
IGNITE-1071 IgniteCache.metrics() method returns local metrics
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-1071>

I agree to make IgniteCache.metrics() global but want to keep MBeans local.

According to specification:
An MBean can represent a device, an application, or any resource that needs
to be managed.
So, I think it's a good point that MBean represents node instead of cluster.

I case we will make MBeans global (representing whole cluster) we have no
chances to see metrics of specific node which can be interesting for some
reasons.
For example - per node cachePuts metric can show is there any problems with
affinity function or hashCode collisions.

Val, Semen, could you please explain reasons of MBeans refactoring?
We will loose api to gain per node metrics in this case.

Thoughts?

Re: IGNITE-1071 IgniteCache.metrics() method returns local metrics

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 5:35 AM, Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>
wrote:

> Do we need local metrics at IgniteCache?

Yes, I don’t see any reason why not. Let’s just follow the naming pattern
and prefix all local methods with the word “local”.

Posted by Anton Vinogradov <av...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.

--