Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Michael J. Prichard" <mi...@mac.com> on 2006/08/31 21:43:03 UTC

redirecting Root to app? (index.jsp??)

How the heck can I get my container to redirect to another deployed
application when the user goes to the root URL?

What I mean is if the user goes to:

http://foo.com:8080/  they get redirected to http://foo.com:8080/blah/

I thought I could modify the index.jsp page in Root but that seems to be
pulling from somewhere else.

Thanks,
Michael

Re: Deployment and virtual hosts

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Marcelo Chryssovergis wrote:
> Hello list!
>
> I´m having a problem to deploy an aplication that is configured as a
> virtual domain in server.xml.

When starting a new thread (ie sending a message to the list about a
new topic) please do not reply to an existing message and change the
subject line. To many of the list archiving services and mail clients
used by list subscribers this  makes your new message appear as part
of the old thread. This makes it harder for other users to find
relevant information when searching the lists.

This is known as thread hijacking and is behaviour that is frowned
upon on this list. Frequent offenders will be removed from the list.
It should also be noted that many list subscribers automatically
ignore any messages that hijack another thread.

The correct procedure is to create a new message with a new subject.
This will start a new thread.

Mark
tomcat-user-owner

Deployment and virtual hosts

Posted by Marcelo Chryssovergis <ma...@iea.org.br>.
Hello list!

I´m having a problem to deploy an aplication that is configured as a virtual
domain in server.xml.

When I deploy the application it works fine IF I use the default url. But
when I use my subdomain (x.y.com) , the application is not deployed!!

I have to restart tomcat, and then the changes are applied.

My definition of the virtual host is like this:

 <Host name="x.y.com" debug="0"
appBase="/usr/local/apache-tomcat-5.5.17/webapps/myapp"
           unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
                 <Context path="" docBase="" debug="0"/>

                 directory="logs"  prefix="myapp_access_log." suffix=".txt"
                 pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
        </Host>

Thanks!

Marcelo

Re: redirecting Root to app? (index.jsp??)

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.
The index.jsp in the ROOT webapp packaged with tomcat is precompiled.
Changes to the index.jsp file will be ignored until you remove the
servlet mapping in ROOT/WEB-INF/web.xml.

--David