Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/21 14:15:30 UTC

Preparing 3.0M5

It's been a couple months since I originally proposed this, but does anyone
have an issue with me preparing artifacts for a 3.0M5 release vote?  The
only remaining target issue is CAY-1058 and I don't believe that to be a
blocker issue.  It's something I intend to address of course, but in a later
release.  If no objections, I'll prepare the artifacts this weekend for a
Monday vote.  That should hopefully give us a nice Thanksgiving release and
everyone (in the US at least) can celebrate with a feast.
--
Kevin

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
Okay.  Looks like the AccessStack is trying to use the pk auto table, but
because the map is configured to use the default pk strategy, the pg adapter
is looking to use the sequence.  If this is in fact the case, Andrus, I'm
not sure why you aren't having any problems.  Unless you had a DB from the
past.  If you destroy you recreate your PG database, do the tests run for
you?
--
Kevin

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
Just a status update.  I've built the artifacts, but need to retrieve
my GPG key off a backup.  I reformatted this machine recently and
missed that step.  So, I was unable to sign the binaries this weekend.

--
Kevin

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
I take it you're okay with the existing test failures then?  I didn't
know if we were going to try to fix them first.  If not, I can prepare
the artifacts this weekend.

Today, I feast :-)  Happy Thanksgiving.

--
Kevin

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no> wrote:

> On Nov 24, 2008, at 1:48 , Kevin Menard wrote:
>
>> PostgreSQL (8.3.1):
>> 1 failure
>> 83 errors
>
> Did you do a "createlang plpgsql databasename"? I got fooled by that one before. And so did you back in january :)

Well, I guess this will be my annual mistake.  Thanks, Tore.  That did
the trick.  Now I'm just seeing the one error:

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Tore Halset <ha...@pvv.ntnu.no>.
On Nov 24, 2008, at 1:48 , Kevin Menard wrote:

> PostgreSQL (8.3.1):
> 1 failure
> 83 errors

Did you do a "createlang plpgsql databasename"? I got fooled by that
one before. And so did you back in january :)

- Tore.

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Nov 21, 2008, at 11:03 PM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> Did you plan on tagging or want me to handle it?

Done.

Andrus

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
Did you plan on tagging or want me to handle it?  I had already planned on
doing the artifacts, so not a big deal.
--
Kevin

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
On Nov 21, 2008, at 3:27 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:

> I also planned to apply a patch that we got this morning for
> CAY-1132. I'll do it tonight.

BTW, I am done with this one.

Andrus

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Aristedes Maniatis <ar...@ish.com.au>.
On 22/11/2008, at 12:33 AM, Kevin Menard wrote:

> I guess that brings up the matter of that Solaris zone that was
> supposed to
> be running a bunch of RDBMS servers.  We have Hudson running (thanks
> Ari!) .
> . . any chance we can start automating tests against some of these
> other
> systems?

Yeah, I really got stuck there even installing a couple of the basic
databases. I don't know Solaris (my experience is FreeBSD) and we
can't use the Solaris packages since our limited root access doesn't
allow it to work properly. I found installing the databases by hand
troublesome because of missing dependencies. And I don't know how
we'll go having to upgrade them by hand regularly.

Does anyone have more Solaris foo than me? If so, maybe we could work
together to get some of the basic ones installed. Let's start with
something simple like mysql and postgresql. Once that is done, I'll
update the Hudson installation to run on our zone as a hudson client
and we can have all the tests run for every commit, not just before
release.

Oh, and yes! Let's get M5 out the door ASAP. I'll write up a release
announcement.

Ari

-------------------------->
ish
http://www.ish.com.au
phone +61 2 9550 5001   fax +61 2 9550 4001

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Kevin Menard <ni...@gmail.com>.
Sounds reasonable to me.  I normally test in Mac & Windows environments with
Postgres, MySQL, HSQLDB, and Derby.  I don't have access to most of the
commercial DBs.

Re: Preparing 3.0M5

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.