Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kf...@collab.net on 2001/08/29 21:12:06 UTC

release schedule

Just to give everyone a rough idea of what's happening...

   1. Greg Stein and I are testing Sander Striker's patch #2, since it
      would be nice (though not necessary) to nail that DB_INCOMPLETE
      stuff before M3.  I'm testing it a bit now, Greg's doing more
      tonight.

   2. Tonight, Greg's cleaning up svn.collab.net so we have an orderly
      server.  It got a bit messy with all the testing going on. :-)
      Setup will be documented at `http://svn.collab.net/setup.html'.

   3. Greg's retesting authentication/authorization too, though it
      worked fine two weeks ago, so no problems expected there.

   4. Ben, Mike Pilato and I are doing various administrative tasks
      related to the switchover: making the dist tarball, making the
      import tree, updating the web site with new instructions,
      putting up the old ChangeLog, documenting all the preceeding,
      issue review, etc.

   5. Sometime tomorrow (during the DAY, dangit :-) ) the new svn
      repository will go live, and checkout instructions will be
      posted to the list.

No need to observe a firm freeze or anything, but if your commits can
wait, then please wait.  The CVS repository will not be turned off, so
you can still run "cvs diff" after the switchover.

-Karl

Re: release schedule

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
> >    1. Greg Stein and I are testing Sander Striker's patch #2, since it
> >       would be nice (though not necessary) to nail that DB_INCOMPLETE
> >       stuff before M3.  I'm testing it a bit now, Greg's doing more
> >       tonight.
>
> Didn't do any of this. I spent most of the night repairing a machine here.

S'okay, my testing ended up being more thorough than expected.

> >    2. Tonight, Greg's cleaning up svn.collab.net so we have an orderly
> >       server.  It got a bit messy with all the testing going on. :-)
> >       Setup will be documented at `http://svn.collab.net/setup.html'.
>
> It has been cleaned and reset. setup.html does not entirely reflect things,
> but I'm going to sleep. Will update sometime tomorrow (I didn't do anything
> funny; config is as we expect; just that some auth is enabled; DB source
> moved; etc)

Wonderful!  Greg, thanks so much for all the work you've been putting
in... Hope you're still sleeping. :-)

> Done. It worked IFF the password file used crypt. When they were SHA1
> hashed, it didn't work. Can fix later. Auth is now enabled -- passwords are
> what you sent to Karl (in ~gstein/users-passes.txt).

Awesome.  I'll add Branko's and Kevin's, as they came in after we set
up that file.

> Note that a test tree is in the repos right now. That should be dumped.

Gonna do a *bit* more testing, and talking/thinking about issue #468,
but I think we're ready.  Watch for a switchover today.

-K

Re: release schedule

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Alan Shutko wrote:

>Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
>
>>>      Setup will be documented at `http://svn.collab.net/setup.html'.
>>>

>Where's this "svn.collab.net"?  Is it unavailable to the unwashed
>masses?
>
>[10:02:58] wesley:~ $ host svn.collab.net
>svn.collab.net          CNAME   morbius.ch.collab.net
>morbius.ch.collab.net does not exist, try again

DNS lookup on svn.collab.net is very spotty. Even CollabNet's servers
(ns1.collab.net, ...) don't always find it. This definitely has to be fixed.

--
Brane �ibej   <br...@xbc.nu>            http://www.xbc.nu/brane/

Re: release schedule

Posted by Alan Shutko <at...@acm.org>.
Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net> writes:

> That's odd, it resolves for me (offsite machine):

Yes, it works for me now too.  Must have been transient.

--
Alan Shutko <at...@acm.org> - In a variety of flavors!
He thinks by infection, catching an opinion like a cold.

Re: release schedule

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Alan Shutko wrote:
> Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
>
> >>       Setup will be documented at `http://svn.collab.net/setup.html'.
>
> Where's this "svn.collab.net"?  Is it unavailable to the unwashed
> masses?
>
> [10:02:58] wesley:~ $ host svn.collab.net
> svn.collab.net          CNAME   morbius.ch.collab.net
> morbius.ch.collab.net does not exist, try again

That's odd, it resolves for me (offsite machine):

[taz3] 7:05am ~ > host svn.collab.net
svn.collab.net is a nickname for morbius.ch.collab.net
morbius.ch.collab.net has address 216.127.237.133

	Brian

Re: release schedule

Posted by Alan Shutko <at...@acm.org>.
"Sander Striker" <st...@apache.org> writes:

> DNS seems to be screwed, but from collabnets dns server I get this:
> morbius.ch.collab.net.  300     IN      A       216.127.237.133
>
> Refer it by IP and all is well.

Cool!  Thanks!

--
Alan Shutko <at...@acm.org> - In a variety of flavors!
Caution: Keep out of reach of children.

RE: release schedule

Posted by Sander Striker <st...@apache.org>.
> Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
>
> >>       Setup will be documented at `http://svn.collab.net/setup.html'.
>
> Where's this "svn.collab.net"?  Is it unavailable to the unwashed
> masses?
>
> [10:02:58] wesley:~ $ host svn.collab.net
> svn.collab.net          CNAME   morbius.ch.collab.net
> morbius.ch.collab.net does not exist, try again

DNS seems to be screwed, but from collabnets dns server I get this:
morbius.ch.collab.net.  300     IN      A       216.127.237.133

Refer it by IP and all is well.

Sander

Re: [SVN-DEV] Re: release schedule

Posted by "C. Scott Ananian" <ca...@lesser-magoo.lcs.mit.edu>.
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Alan Shutko wrote:

> Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org> writes:
>
> >>       Setup will be documented at `http://svn.collab.net/setup.html'.
>
> Where's this "svn.collab.net"?  Is it unavailable to the unwashed
> masses?

I'm unwashed masses, and I seemed to be able to connect to it.  Granted,
all I did was browse via HTTP...
 --s

Moscow Yakima tonight Marxist supercomputer mustard Rijndael affinity group
for Dummies Peking Boston Albanian World Trade Center non-violent protest
              ( http://lesser-magoo.lcs.mit.edu/~cananian )
 --
 "These students are going to have to find out what law and order is
 all about."  -- Brig. General Robert Canterbury, Noon, May 4, 1970,
>>12^$d>>4^$d^$d/8))<<17,$e=$e>>8^($t&($g=($q=$e>>14&7^$e)^$q*8^$q<<6))<<9
,$_=(map{$_%16or$t^=$c^=($m=(11,10,116,100,11,122,20,100)[$_/16%8])&110;$t
^=(72,@z=(64,72,$a^=12*($_%16-2?0:$m&17)),$b^=$_%64?12:0,@z)[$_%8]}(16..271))
[$_]^(($h>>=8)+=$f+(~$g&$t))for@a[128..$#a]}print+x"C*",@a}';s/x/pack+/g;eval

Re: release schedule

Posted by Alan Shutko <at...@acm.org>.

Re: release schedule

Posted by Greg Stein <gs...@lyra.org>.
On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 04:12:06PM -0500, kfogel@collab.net wrote:
> Just to give everyone a rough idea of what's happening...
>
>    1. Greg Stein and I are testing Sander Striker's patch #2, since it
>       would be nice (though not necessary) to nail that DB_INCOMPLETE
>       stuff before M3.  I'm testing it a bit now, Greg's doing more
>       tonight.

Didn't do any of this. I spent most of the night repairing a machine here.

>    2. Tonight, Greg's cleaning up svn.collab.net so we have an orderly
>       server.  It got a bit messy with all the testing going on. :-)
>       Setup will be documented at `http://svn.collab.net/setup.html'.

It has been cleaned and reset. setup.html does not entirely reflect things,
but I'm going to sleep. Will update sometime tomorrow (I didn't do anything
funny; config is as we expect; just that some auth is enabled; DB source
moved; etc)

>    3. Greg's retesting authentication/authorization too, though it
>       worked fine two weeks ago, so no problems expected there.

Done. It worked IFF the password file used crypt. When they were SHA1
hashed, it didn't work. Can fix later. Auth is now enabled -- passwords are
what you sent to Karl (in ~gstein/users-passes.txt).

Note that a test tree is in the repos right now. That should be dumped.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/