Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by "Kumar, Girish" <Gi...@ibtco.com> on 2006/08/17 18:06:09 UTC

Preserve Data Model

We have Application which used the PreserveDataModel = "true" atrribute
of Extended Data Table of Tomahawk which we are doing because we wanted
to implement client side sorting in our application.
But I see a strange behaviour if I get results based on the criteria
from the database for the first time in our Application then everything
seems to be fine and it seems if you have the preserve data model= true
then it stores the values returned from the preserve data model first
time and shows the same values when you don't get the results back from
the database.

Is this the behaviour of the preserve data model or something is wrong
at my end.

Ideally it should not show the previous results for the criteria which
should show zero results.

Let me know what is the understanding of preserveDataModel and how to
solve my problem and has anyone experienced this.

Thanks,
Girish

This message and any attached documents contain information
which may be confidential, subject to privilege or exempt from
disclosure under applicable law.  These materials are solely for
the use of the intended recipient.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this transmission, you are hereby notified that any
distribution, disclosure, printing, copying, storage, modification
or the taking of any action in reliance upon this transmission is
strictly prohibited.  Delivery of this message to any person other
than the intended recipient shall not compromise or waive
such confidentiality, privilege or exemption from disclosure as
to this communication.

the sender immediately and delete this message from your system.