Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by hg...@cswebmail.com on 2003/02/27 11:05:07 UTC

*** proposal to summarise - all, comments please ***

Dear all,

as in each and every newsgroup a lot of knowledge is in
the flow of these discussions, however - most of the
time nothing is really summarised and captured.

I would like to propose that once a problem has been
solved by the help of different 'brains' that the
original poster of this problem posts a summary (which
clearly says SUMMARY: .... in the headline) in which he
briefly summarises the problem and the solution that
worked for him finally.

It would be very nice to post this condensed knowledge
back to group then and I think it would facilitate
finding and retrieval of this knowledge (also in the
archives)!!

Comments please !!

Holger

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!
 250 FREE hours! Sign-on Now!

Re: *** proposal to summarise - all, comments please ***

Posted by Gabriele Domenichini <ga...@fastmail.fm>.
> as in each and every newsgroup a lot of knowledge is in
> the flow of these discussions, however - most of the
> time nothing is really summarised and captured.
>
> I would like to propose that once a problem has been
> solved by the help of different 'brains' that the
> original poster of this problem posts a summary (which
> clearly says SUMMARY: .... in the headline) in which he
> briefly summarises the problem and the solution that
> worked for him finally.

I totally agree. But I would propose also to write something on cocoon wiky
when something so wonderful happens

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
hgadm@cswebmail.com wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>as in each and every newsgroup a lot of knowledge is in
>the flow of these discussions, however - most of the
>time nothing is really summarised and captured.
>
>I would like to propose that once a problem has been
>solved by the help of different 'brains' that the
>original poster of this problem posts a summary (which
>clearly says SUMMARY: .... in the headline) in which he
>briefly summarises the problem and the solution that
>worked for him finally.
>
>It would be very nice to post this condensed knowledge
>back to group then and I think it would facilitate
>finding and retrieval of this knowledge (also in the
>archives)!!
>
>Comments please !!
>
>Holger

I seem to remember reaching a consensus to do something like this about
10-11 months ago :)

Re: *** proposal to summarise - all, comments please ***

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Jeudi, 27 fév 2003, à 11:05 Europe/Zurich, hgadm@cswebmail.com a
écrit :

> ...I would like to propose that once a problem has been
> solved by the help of different 'brains' that the
> original poster of this problem posts a summary (which
> clearly says SUMMARY: .... in the headline) ...

That's a good suggestion I think, but, as Gabriele says, it is even
better to write or enhance a page on the wiki at
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp to summarize.

--
   Bertrand Delacretaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)
   XML, java, XSLT, Cocoon, FOP, mentoring/programming/teaching