Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org> on 2016/08/08 17:17:06 UTC

Work in progress Java9 maven-plugins

Hi,

in preparation of my JavaOne talk in September I'm going to work on
several plugins which needs to be updated to be able to work with Java9.
Hopefully I can release most of them.

Some of them are:
- maven-war-plugin, maven-ear-plugin (detect new version scheme) and maybe
some other plugins depending on maven-archiver.
- maven-compiler-plugin to support new arguments such as --module-path and
--release
- maybe maven-surefire-plugin to support modulepath
- maybe maven-javadoc-plugin

also for the MojoHaus project I have some plugins/components in mind:
- enforceBytecodeVersion (must recognize new bytecode version(53))
- exec-maven-plugin

If there are important patches which must be applied on one of these
projects, give me a sign or a helping hand :)

thanks,
Robert

Re: Work in progress Java9 maven-plugins

Posted by Robert Scholte <rf...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 08 Aug 2016 19:37:01 +0200, Karl Heinz Marbaise
<kh...@gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Robert,
>
> On 08/08/16 19:17, Robert Scholte wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> in preparation of my JavaOne talk in September I'm going to work on
>> several plugins which needs to be updated to be able to work with Java9.
>> Hopefully I can release most of them.
>>
>> Some of them are:
>> - maven-war-plugin, maven-ear-plugin (detect new version scheme) and
>> maybe some other plugins depending on maven-archiver.
>
> Can I help here ?

Yes please :) Let me collect the jira issues which are most relevant to
pick up.

> Will there be a new release of maven-archiver ? For JDK 9?

The most critical fix was done in plexus-archiver 3.0.3, which was already
updated in maven-archiver-3.1.0.
The latest released version of maven-jar-plugin is already using this and
it works fine, hence I didn't mention that one.
So I don't think we need a new version of maven-archiver.

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Robert,