Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Height, Jason" <jh...@subcorp.com.au> on 2004/02/10 23:54:58 UTC

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hssf quick-guide.xml

<snip>
  +                        at all.  To start drawing you need to call
<code>createPatriarch</code>
  +                        on the <code>HSSFSheet</code> class.  This has
the
  +                        effect erasing any other shape information stored
  +                        in that sheet.  By default POI will leave shape
  +                        records alone in the sheet unless you make a call
  +                        this method.
</snip>

Is there a HSSFSheet.getPatriarch that will return the current Drawing
Patriarch and wont erase drawings in the sheet? (There is no example of this
in the doco you just provided).

Does this mean that there is one Patriarch for all drawings?

Jason
This e-mail (including attachments) is confidential information of Australian Submarine Corporation Pty Limited (ASC).  It may also be legally privileged.  Unauthorised use and disclosure is prohibited.  ASC is not taken to have waived confidentiality or privilege if this e-mail was sent to you in error. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender promptly.  While ASC takes steps to identify and eliminate viruses, it cannot confirm that this e-mail is free from them.  You should scan this e-mail for viruses before it is used.  The statements in this e-mail are those of the sender only, unless specifically stated to be those of ASC by someone with authority to do so.

RE: cvs commit: jakarta-poi/src/documentation/content/xdocs/hssf quick-guide.xml

Posted by Glen Stampoultzis <gs...@iinet.net.au>.
At the moment creating a drawing on a sheet will not keep any existing
drawings.  The potential is there to try and support reading drawing
objects but the initial requirement was to support writing so I played it
safe and didn't attempt to interpret existing shape objects.

At 09:54 AM 11/02/2004, you wrote:
>Is there a HSSFSheet.getPatriarch that will return the current Drawing
>Patriarch and wont erase drawings in the sheet? (There is no example of this
>in the doco you just provided).
>
>Does this mean that there is one Patriarch for all drawings?

Glen Stampoultzis
gstamp@iinet.net.au