Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/27 22:41:10 UTC

upgrading tomcat when installed via apt-get

If I need to upgrade an existing live application that is running off a
tomcat install that was installed via apt-get (ubuntu), how would I go
about updating tomcat?

I would have to understand exactly how tomcat is installed correct?  i.e.
things like xml conf files, symbolic links to paths that may have been
created, startup/stop scripts that might need to point somewhere else etc.

Am I making this too complicated or is this how others update to a newer
version of tomcat?

Re: upgrading tomcat when installed via apt-get

Posted by S Ahmed <sa...@gmail.com>.
But before do that, you would have to know if the tomcat config file has
changed format wise correct?

e.g. if the server.xml file was updated  (I'm sure it is rare but still)

Can you please outline exactly what you do to upgrade tomcat?

thanks much appreciated!

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.