Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Dave C." <da...@hotmail.com> on 2007/11/13 23:06:00 UTC

Solr java tutorial

Hi everyone,

My next question is: is there a beginner's tutorial on how to programmatically query solr?
I have seen some users' do things like:

        SolrServer server = getSolrServer();

        SolrQuery
solrQuery = new SolrQuery();

solrQuery.setQuery(..);

QueryResponse rsp = server.query(solrQuery);

But is there some tutorial that outlines the basic classes to use, etc?
I know there is a javadoc but it's not helpful if I don't know what to use.

Thanks a lot,
David

RE: Solr java tutorial

Posted by Will Johnson <wi...@gmail.com>.
Check out:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/client/java/solrj/test/org/ap
ache/solr/client/solrj/SolrQueryTest.java?revision=555343&view=markup

or

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/solr/trunk/client/java/solrj/test/org/ap
ache/solr/client/solrj/SolrQueryTest.java?revision=555343&view=markup

as for stability, I've been using solrj for ~6 months now and it's been
great.  You should also be able to use the 1.3 pre-release solrj jar files
against a solr 1.2 instance.

- will

My next question is: is there a beginner's tutorial on how to
programmatically query solr?
I have seen some users' do things like:

        SolrServer server = getSolrServer();

        SolrQuery
solrQuery = new SolrQuery();

solrQuery.setQuery(..);

QueryResponse rsp = server.query(solrQuery);

But is there some tutorial that outlines the basic classes to use, etc?
I know there is a javadoc but it's not helpful if I don't know what to use.

Thanks a lot,
David

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by
today.
http://www.cafemessenger.com/info/info_sweetstuff2.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_OctWL
tagline

Re: Solr java tutorial

Posted by Mike Klaas <mi...@gmail.com>.
Not really--there have been a few threads on this topic recently.
Perhaps in a couple months?

It may depend on the timing of the lucene release.

-MIke

RE: Solr java tutorial

Posted by "Dave C." <da...@hotmail.com>.
Ah...
:(

Re: Solr java tutorial

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.

RE: Solr java tutorial

Posted by "Dave C." <da...@hotmail.com>.
I'm really confused...is SolrJ coming in Solr 1.3 (which hasn't been released yet)?
It doesn't seem to be found in Solr 1.2 which I am using.

please enlighten..

- David

Re: Solr java tutorial

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.