Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by User <co...@earthlink.net> on 2006/08/30 02:55:07 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTP Server 2.0.47 and WebSphere plugin

Hi,

We have an application running on AIX 5.2 and WebSphere Platform 5.1 [ND 5.1.0 b0344.02], and (Apache) IBM HTTP Server 2.0.47.   We have a Servlet underneath our application installed, which shall act as a proxy, i.e. so that it can serve other applications.   This works completely correct on WebLogic with Apache web server on Solaris or Windows, but it does not work quite right on WebSphere on AIX.
On WebSphere / AIX the proxy servlet correctly serves all dynamic pages of a separate application, however all static files, i.e. images and css stylesheets, do not come through at all.  We get broken image links for those.

Does anybody know some troubleshooting tips?  We think that perhaps it has something to do with the web server configuration or the plugin file from WebSphere to the web server.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.

Re: [users@httpd] HTTP Server 2.0.47 and WebSphere plugin

Posted by Richard de Vries <ri...@yahoo.com>.
Try looking thru your websphere logs as well as your
http_plugin.log file. We are running a couple of
WebSphere servers on AIX as well and never had any
issues with Apache.

I am having a difficult time understanding why you are
using a proxy servlet? Why would you want to put so
much overhead on the app server? If you do need to be
able to proxy, why not configuring an Apache proxy
server between your webserver and app server. That is
what I do on our environments, though I only use it
for security reasons.

   R.