Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by kulwantbughipura <ku...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/24 06:18:26 UTC

@Jacques Le Roux Regarding using dockers with ofbiz for getting fresh entities in no time.

Hello,

I wanted to share the my experience of using dockers with ofbiz which saved
lot of my developers time when setting up the ofbiz based product for
different purposes like demo, business analysts, testing and development
purposes.

I wrote this article please review it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vVjGJ8jmYSYhrwDvAezgShd4ZKP_ManhcYhNxOG-H8A/edit?usp=sharing

and please give suggestions if my experience can be helpfull for others in
community.

Thanks.

Re: @Jacques Le Roux Regarding using dockers with ofbiz for getting fresh entities in no time.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Kulwant,

I kinda already answered you at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-6855

But you have a point if you need to use another DBMS than Derby, for instance in dev mode to have exactly the same situation than in prod. Because,
unlike copying a Derby DB, dumping a DB takes time.

This said as I suggested in Jira it would be better if you create a Docker page in our wiki.

Jacques