Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2015/03/02 00:59:16 UTC

RE: [PROPOSAL] move repo to Git.

I'm going to add my +1 to this proposal.

It occurred to me, when looking into the "old OOo SVN dumps" that Rob has, that there may be many more downstream users that are on Git and that our being on Git would facilitate accepting appropriately-offered pull requests to the AOO repository.  It seems this is a lower-friction way of sending fixes upstream than going the patch creation and submission route.

 - Dennis

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Re: [PROPOSAL] move repo to Git.

Posted by jan i <ja...@apache.org>.
On Sunday, March 8, 2015, Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> wrote:

> Am 03/08/2015 02:08 AM, schrieb wolf.halton@gmail.com:
>
>> Why not move web development as well as the code development into Git?
>> +1 any Git.
>>

> the staging machine is relying on SVN. So, moving to Git would make
> changes on the website impossible - until someone rewrites the code that is
> doing the staging and publishing, so that it is (maybe additionally) also
> working with Git.
>
> Thats what I heard. It doesn't need to be the full truth but sounds logic
> for me. ;-)

I think it was said before, we talk about the code not the website. Due to
CMS we cannot currently move the web site so that will remain untouched in
SVN.

currently (as far as I can see) the web site is not part of the RO GIT
mirror.

rgds
jan i

Re: [PROPOSAL] move repo to Git.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/08/2015 02:08 AM, schrieb wolf.halton@gmail.com:
> Why not move web development as well as the code development into Git?
> +1 any Git.

the staging machine is relying on SVN. So, moving to Git would make
changes on the website impossible - until someone rewrites the code that
is doing the staging and publishing, so that it is (maybe additionally)
also working with Git.

Thats what I heard. It doesn't need to be the full truth but sounds
logic for me. ;-)

Marcus

>> On Mar 1, 2015, at 6:59 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton<de...@acm.org>  wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to add my +1 to this proposal.
>>
>> It occurred to me, when looking into the "old OOo SVN dumps" that Rob has, that there may be many more downstream users that are on Git and that our being on Git would facilitate accepting appropriately-offered pull requests to the AOO repository.  It seems this is a lower-friction way of sending fixes upstream than going the patch creation and submission route.
>>
>> - Dennis

Re: [PROPOSAL] move repo to Git.

Posted by wo...@gmail.com.
Why not move web development as well as the code development into Git?
+1 any Git.

Sent from my iPhone