Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Munir Khan (munkhan)" <mu...@cisco.com> on 2016/02/24 18:01:12 UTC

Is it possible to configure Kafka Mirror to specify fixed ports to connect to Remote DC

Hi,
I am trying out Kafka Mirror for moving kafka message between DC. In our case we have to make it work through firewalls and use  specific TCP ports permitted by ACL.  What I have seen so far each Mirror instance opens a number of tcp connections to the remote DC and the port numbers are not fixed. Is there a way to configure Kafka Mirror so that is always uses specific ports ?

Best Regards
Munir Khan

Re: Is it possible to configure Kafka Mirror to specify fixed ports to connect to Remote DC

Posted by Jens Rantil <je...@tink.se>.
Hi Munir,

Are you referring to outbound or inbound ports from/to the Mirror tool?

Cheers,
Jens

--
Jens Rantil