Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Hans J. Prueller" <ha...@gmx.net> on 2007/11/16 08:09:06 UTC

Axis2 service receives characters in false charset

hi together,

we deployed a simple webservice using Axis2 1.2 by writing a pojo class
and a services.xml file. now we have the problem that the
service method takes a String as argument and special characters in that
string like german "Umlaute" äöü etc are sent/ received with the
wrong character set - so the argument value is broken.

we assume that our client transfers the web-service POST request with
the wrong http-headers (charset encoding).

- is there a way to debug the incoming http-post requests from service
clients in axis2?
- is there any option to set the accepted character encoding for http
transport for axis2 services?

any tips appreciated!

regards,
hans