Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org> on 2016/07/14 22:45:51 UTC

[DISCUSS] Zeppelin 0.6.1 release

Hi folks,

We have released 0.6.0 July 2nd. During the 0.6.0 release discussion [1],
we could see consensus that having a release 0.6.1 when Zeppelin have Spark
2.0 support.

I have created a issue for 0.6.1 release [2]. The issue currently have
Spark 2.0 and scala 2.11 support as a blocker.

There were some bug fixes on master branch since 0.6.0 release.
How about we discuss and backport some important bug fixes into
branch-0.6.0? (if any)
And how about we start release process of 0.6.1, as soon as all blockers of
[2] being resolved?

Thanks,
moon

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/e107c44df1a7fc4cd232144f6a24d81b32a7d988d5947093b79f05ee@1464110799@%3Cdev.zeppelin.apache.org%3E
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-1177

Re: [DISCUSS] Zeppelin 0.6.1 release

Posted by mina lee <mi...@apache.org>.
Hi dev,

all blockers and subtasks tracked under
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZEPPELIN-1177 has been resolved.
I am going to start release process and will send a vote email in next few
hours.
Please test it out with your environment feel free to share your thoughts
in vote thread.

Regards,
Mina

Posted by Felix Cheung <fe...@hotmail.com>.