Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Sarah Gladstone <sa...@pogstone.com> on 2008/10/14 22:18:10 UTC

VFS: Using VFS to upload to the AS/400 IFS

I have been using the Apache VFS API's to upload to Unix FTP servers
successfully. But I am unable to upload to the IFS on my AS/400.   I
can upload to a library, such as QGPL, but not the IFS.

Below is an excerpt from my Java code:

FileSystemManager mgr;
               try {
                       mgr = VFS.getManager();

                       FileSystemOptions fileSystemOptions;
                       FileSystemOptions opts = new FileSystemOptions();
                       fileSystemOptions = opts;
FtpFileSystemConfigBuilder.getInstance().setUserDirIsRoot(fileSystemOptions,
true);

                       String strLocalFile =
"C:\\sgladstone\\edfiles\\mydata.txt";
                       FileObject foLocalFile = mgr.resolveFile(strLocalFile);
String rUrlStr =
"ftp://myusername:mypassword@myas400/home/aplsup/sarahtest.txt" ;
                       FileObject foRemoteFile = mgr.resolveFile(
rUrlStr, opts);

                       FileSelector fS = Selectors.SELECT_SELF ;
                      foRemoteFile.copyFrom(foLocalFile, fS);

When I run this code, it throws the exception:

Caused by: org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not
create FTP directory "ftp://myusername:mypassword@myas400/home"

I think this issue is caused by the AS/400 trying to use System
naming, instead of using NAMEFMT=1.

Any ideas of how to get the VFS APIs to get the AS/400 to switch to
NAMEFMT =1  ?

Thanks,
Sarah