Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Manuel Le Normand <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/19 02:15:05 UTC

Updating clusterstate from the zookeeper

Hello,
After creating a distributed collection on several different servers I
sometimes get to deal with failing servers (cores appear "not available" =
grey) or failing cores ("Down / unable to recover" = brown / red).
In case i wish to delete this errorneous collection (through collection
API) only the "green" nodes get erased, leaving a meaningless unavailable
collection in the clusterstate.json.

Is there any way to edit explicitly the clusterstate.json? If not, how do i
update it so the collection as above gets deleted?

Cheers,
Manu

Re: Updating clusterstate from the zookeeper

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I'm pretty sure there's been some hardening of deleting
nodes/collections to deal with nodes in a "bad" state, I'm pretty sure
they're available in 4.3. Not guaranteeing that this would solve your
problem, but it's probably worth looking at the CHANGES.txt for 4.3 to
see if it's worth exploring....

Best
Erick

Posted by Nate Fox <nf...@neogov.com>.

Posted by Mingfeng Yang <mf...@wisewindow.com>.

Posted by "mike st. john" <ms...@gmail.com>.
you can use the eclipse plugin for zookeeper.

http://www.massedynamic.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Eclipse_Plug-in_for_ZooKeeper

-Msj.

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 1:53 PM, Michael Della Bitta <

Posted by Michael Della Bitta <mi...@appinions.com>.