Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Auke Jilderda <au...@philips.com> on 2004/11/04 10:32:29 UTC

Re: svn merge problem

Hi Ondra,

I should have posted this to the original thread so thanks for reminding me!

It turned out to be a different issue: Currently, SVN's integrated
contextual diff engine always optimises the diff on size.  In our case,
it took the diffing engine so much time to compute the diff of an 8 MB
XML file that the server concluded the connection to be dead because of
lack of activity and closed it.

As a workaround, we configured an external diff engine (the GNU diff)
and configure it to optimize to speed.  For now, that works.  In the
meantime, I know the SVN team is evolving their diff engine to include
the ability to optimise on speed.

Hope this helps,

Auke