Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by wt <wa...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/31 09:27:27 UTC

Looking for information on these methods

okay i have a white list plugin class that is now working - ThankYou Ilya
(GridGain)

I can now control nodes joining the cluster be it clients or servers. My
next task is to manage user requests to specific caches and what they can do
on those. I already have the GridSecurityProcessor class as part of my
implementation and the class has the following methods

SecurityContext authenticate(AuthenticationContext var1)

SecuritySubject authenticatedSubject(UUID var1)

void authorize(String var1, SecurityPermission var2, @Nullable
SecurityContext var3)

my questions are:

1) do these methods get called when requests come in from nodes and clients
and are they used anywhere else

2) i have the GridSecurityProcessor  working already for node
authentication, is there anything that is needed besides implementing the
logic on these methods. For this i am focusing on the server side only and
will implement the client side logic on the jdbc and odbc later.

3) if i am wrong in my assumption on request authentication and
authorization in context to these methods, what classes\methods should i be
looking at.

As always, thank you in advanced (i couldn't do this without the support of
this awesome community)

Re: Looking for information on these methods

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

authenticate() is called from Client and REST initiation code.
authenticatedSubject()
is called on node start. authorize() is called from all over the code base,
when need to check if permission is granted.

My recommendation is to check out Apache Ignite source, get accustomized
with navigating it. Any recurring questions you should direct to developer
list since plugin development falls in that area IMHO.

Ilya Kasnacheev