Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Anoop <an...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/15 05:04:48 UTC

Hibernate and Struts

Hi,
We are looking forward to integrating struts with hibernate in our web
application project. Could you guide us on how to to integrate them. I
tried the hibernate plugin as recommended on the hibernate website,
however that throws a null pointer exception(when i try to instantiate
a session) when i test it in tomcat.

Relevant piece of code
in struts-config.xml
<plug-in
			className="de.laliluna.hibernate.plugin.HibernatePlugIn">
			<set-property
				property="configFilePath"
				value="/hibernate.cfg.xml" />
			<set-property
				property="storeInServletContext"
				value="true" />

In struts action
try{ServletContext context = request.getSession().getServletContext();
			SessionFactory _factory = (SessionFactory)
			   context.getAttribute(HibernatePlugIn.SESSION_FACTORY_KEY);
			Session ses = _factory.openSession(); <---this line throws exception
--
Anoop Dhanvijay
DA-IICT

"Most of man's failures were when they didn't realize how close they
were to success, when they finally gave up!"

Re: Hibernate and Struts

Posted by Hardik Shah <ha...@yahoo.com>.
hope this help to you http://hardik4u.wordpress.com

Re: Hibernate and Struts

Posted by Mead Lai <la...@gmail.com>.
haven't use this plug before.
but I think Spring-plug-in, would be better!
It's less config!

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Anoop <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We are looking forward to integrating struts with hibernate in our web
> application project. Could you guide us on how to to integrate them. I
> tried the hibernate plugin as recommended on the hibernate website,
> however that throws a null pointer exception(when i try to instantiate
> a session) when i test it in tomcat.
>
> Relevant piece of code
> in struts-config.xml
> <plug-in
>
>  className="de.laliluna.hibernate.plugin.HibernatePlugIn">
>                        <set-property
>                                property="configFilePath"
>                                value="/hibernate.cfg.xml" />
>                        <set-property
>                                property="storeInServletContext"
>                                value="true" />
>
> In struts action
> try{ServletContext context = request.getSession().getServletContext();
>                        SessionFactory _factory = (SessionFactory)
>
> context.getAttribute(HibernatePlugIn.SESSION_FACTORY_KEY);
>                        Session ses = _factory.openSession(); <---this line
> throws exception
> --
> Anoop Dhanvijay
> DA-IICT
>
> "Most of man's failures were when they didn't realize how close they
> were to success, when they finally gave up!"

BestRegards,
Mead
http://yayisoft.com

Helen Hayes  - "Age is not important unless you're a cheese."

Re: Hibernate and Struts

Posted by Anoop <an...@gmail.com>.
I did try this as you told but I am still getting the exception.
Anyways to get a solution to that. I think this is a widespread
problem(having gone through the forums), is there any other way. I am
also looking to test this finally on Webshpere so are there some
issues there?

Re: Hibernate and Struts